To decide about underfloor insulation price, first, you must know what it is. Underfloor insulation is beneficial if you have a timber floor in your home. You don’t want to catch a cold from the floor if you don’t like wearing socks in winter, Do you? Underfloor insulation act as a barrier is again moist. High-quality underfloor insulation can make a massive difference to how comfy your home is.
Moreover, it is not very costly as you think it is. It’s relatively cheap and cost-effective.
Which type of underfloor insulation you want. As they play a vital role on principle of mass, that traps the air. Different kinds commonly used today:
• Semi-rigid foam panels – you can these to the desired size and placed between floor beam.
• Polyurethane foam spray – they can be a good choice where sound insulation is an issue, and they can apply to the underneath of the floor.
• Batts – these are rolls of glass fiber or thick polyester.
• Foil panels – cutting-edge rigid panels and installed outer face of the steel frames and timber
R-value measures the level of thermal resistance of the material. The R-value and insulation provided are directly proportional. So, if you want a higher level of insulation, you must buy a more upper R-value underfloor insulation. Before choosing the R-value for your home underflooring, it is essential to consider the climate of your area.
According to the R-value, foam panels and batts vary in price. For example, R1.5 polyester batts might cost $71 while 120mm thick R2.0 polyester batts may cost $89. While the cost of polyurethane spray foam is not easy to determine, because of the installation cost can vary. There is no guarantee of high R-value if you buy high underfloor insulation. So, look for the R-value, not the value of it.
How Much Does Underfloor insulation Cost?
Different companies are providing various kind of underflooring according to the thickness and sizes, as below:
- Polyester Solutions Underfloor insulation – R1.5 450 X 10,000 / 75mm / 10.15m2 | 2 Batts per pack – $36.34
- Polyester Solutions Underfloor insulation – R2.0 450 X 10,000 / 90mm / 10.15m2 | 2 Batts per pack – $51.13
- Polyester Solutions Underfloor insulation – R2.5 450 X 8,000 / 140mm / 8.12m2 | 2 Batts per pack – $51.34
- Bradford Optimo Underfloor insulation – R2.1 415 X 1160 / 75mm / 4.34m2 | 8 Batts per pack – $54.41
- Bradford Optimo Underfloor insulation – R2.1 565 X 1160 / 75mm / 5.91m2 | 8 Batts per pack – $72.55
- Bradford Optimo Underfloor insulation – R2.5 415 X 1160 / 90mm / 4.34m2 | 8 Batts per pack – $57.84
- Bradford Optimo Underfloor insulation – R2.5 565 X 1160 / 90mm / 5.91m2 | 8 Batts per pack – $57.84
- FoilBoard Pre-Cut 10 – 1.2m X 2.44m / 10mm / 2.93m2 – $22.15
- Foilboard Pre-Cut 15 – 1.2m X 2.44m / 15mm / 2.93m2 – $26.28
Underfloor insulation is susceptible to wear over a period. So, make sure to purchase a brand that offers stiffer consistency, like for example Bradford Optimo Underfloor and Foilboard insulation panel. The stiffer the consistency making it easier to install and have greater durability.
Want a professional to install your underfloor insulation?
The price of getting underfloor insulation professionally installed has two factors mentioned below:
Underfloor insulation Materials:
The cost of materials depends on the size and R-value of the batts of your underfloor area. Larger the underfloor area, higher the price it will take as the large area will require more insulation batts.
The spacing between joists:
If your underfloor spacing between the beams is too tight, workers will charge you extra as they will face a harder time in installing the insulation. You are in luck if you have risen underfloor.
CALCULATING THE COST OF UNDERFLOOR INSULATION
It’s quite easy to understand the price underfloor insulation.
First, you will have to need the size of the floor area of your home in square meters. The information about size can easily be found within the property file when you bought it. Now multiply that figure by the per square meter rate of your underfloor insulation product.